Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dream: Jesus in My Car

                                                                                                                                  Dec. 21, 2006

I’m driving a compact/mid-size car and Jesus Christ is in the passenger seat!  We’re in San Francisco, which becomes Houston, as well.  I am just elated, and I ask him all sorts of questions about his past and present self.  He is cool to respond. 
As I ask, a former scene comes to mind: a conversation among friends, some with much more Biblical knowledge than I. 
One man said, “You know, Jesus and his brothers were raised as Christians.”
I and others balked at this, “How can that’ve been?”
We realized that there are newly unearthed texts about him.
Another person said, “I read that he was a good singer.”

As we spoke, this image appeared:  A bust of Christ is being formed out of gray clay – being shaped by many hands. …By our hands?

Back in the car.  I question Christ so much that I realize I missed my workplace, where I’m supposed to drop him off.  (It is now supposed to be a stop for both of us, and it blurs into “home”).  Christ folds his arms in irritation, for I am now lost. 
He says, “You know, not everything you and your friends said about me is true. For instance, I did sing in a school choir, but I wasn’t really good at it.  And anyway, you guys are missing the point. None of these particulars really matter.* 
Stefan, you’re missing the point.”

Jesus is a medium-built man in his early 50s, short, dark hair, clean shaven, contemporary attire (jeans & sweater).
_______________________________________

* = This line may have been a clarifying thought just after waking.
Christ kind of resembled a friend (E) I had just recently become acquainted with; a new member of the UU choir.  A friend I have since gotten to know very well, who challenged me & really questioned my decision to become a Catholic, & who wondered whether or not it was a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment